Followers

Sunday 11 September 2011

Breathe Hardly, Malaysia In Haze

Dry weather conditions during the south-westerly monsoon period, which is now, result in hotspots in both east and west Malaysia. 

Shroud over my place, Puchong today at 1400 hrs


 From my balcony view


I could tell that the haze that we are facing now was terribly bad it did not dissipate even when there was a breeze blowing. Rain please fall over us.
Health effect of haze..? 
Most people would at most experience sneezing, running nose, eye irritation, dry throat and dry cough from the hated pollutants. Luckily, they are mild and pose no danger to the health of the general population. However, persons with medical problems like asthma, chronic lung disease, chronic sinusitis and allergic skin conditions are likely to be more affected by the haze and they may experience more severe symptoms. I am contact lenses wearer, now experience an eye irritation. I discontinue wearing contact lenses temporarily and apply normal saline eye drops. I have also been advised to drink loads of water (applicable to everyone too, I'm sure) since I have problem with lung and asthma and to take precautions during the haze period. 
Breathless..
Read More










No comments:

Post a Comment