Followers

Friday 17 February 2012

Recipe : Banana Fritters (Pisang Goreng)

Ingredients
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 tsp turmeric powder 
1 egg
2 tbsp butter, melt
Pinch of salt
5-6 bananas, halved. I use 4, since the size quite big.
Oil for deep-frying

This is Pisang Nangka (I think)
Method

1.Combine the flours, salt, melted butter, egg and turmeric powder in a mixing bowl. Pour in water and combine into a batter.

2.Coat banana halves in batter and deep-fry in hot oil for three to four minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
3.Remove and drain on paper towels, and you done. Super easy.
Optional
Some people add baking powder to the mixture just to get a bigger size and fluffy of banana fritters.
Coconut milk can be added to the batter to get an extra creamy taste, I just skipped that since I don’t have coconut milk in my fridge.
Just add a scoop or two of your favourite ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce and crushed peanut on top as dessert, I absolutely love this.








1 comment: